Simple Pan-Seared Steelhead
- 4 skin-on steelhead fillets (6 oz & 1" thick each)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Heat a 12-inch heavy-bottomed skillet for 3 minutes over high heat.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and ground black pepper.
- Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- When oil shimmers (but does not smoke) add fillets skin side down and sear for 30 seconds, being careful not to move them around in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and continue to cook until skin side is well browned, about 4 1/2 minutes.
- Turn fillets and cook until firm, but not hard.
- Remove fillets from pan and let stand 1 minute.
- Serve with a squirt of fresh lemon or lime.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you by leaving a comment below.